Dimension (WxHxD): 440 mm (17 inch) x 220 mm (9 inch) x 390 mm (15 inch)
Weight: 19 kg (~ 42 lbs)
Environmental Range: Temperature 10 - 45 °C (50 - 113 °F), Humidity 10 - 90 %, No Condensation
Patented Optical System With AAC
- Incoming material inspection made easy
Instant Operation Readiness By AAC (Active Ambient Compensation)
- The patented optical system with AAC compensates thermal drifts and provides maximum analytical stability without thermal conditioning.
Intuitive Productivity ELEMENTAL.SUITE
- Our next generation OES-software, defines new standards in ease-of-use. Place your sample onto the spark stand and press the start button. In less than 30 seconds you get the complete composition of your metal and if needed the best match against the world's reference alloy database.
19 kg True Portability
- The Q2 ION can easily be brought to a nearby site for analysis. Despite its low weight it is suitable for rugged environments.
The new generation of spark spectrometer Q2 ION elevates metal analysis into new levels of simplicity and ease-of-use. Today it is one of the smallest and lightest ultra-compact spark emission spectrometer for metal analysis available. It is a versatile multi-matrix system for comprehensive incoming material inspection and quality assurance of metal alloys. Its primary applications and metal matrices include copper, aluminum and iron at smaller foundries, inspection companies, metal recycling and metal fabricators. An affordable price and exceptional low operational costs make this spectrometer the ideal tool for smaller and medium-size businesses.
Why Do I Need A Compact Spark - OES?
- OES is the work horse in metal analysis par excellence. It gives you fast analysis of your solid metal samples including positive material identification, alloy grades and material sorting. The Q2 ION perfectly fits the requirements of foundries, fabricators, metal reyclers, warehouses and metal processing plants by combining ease-of-use with easy portabilty and low operation costs.
- Dedicated Analytical Solution Packages (ASP) for your analytical tasks. ASPs for the Q2 ION are available per base and include elements and calibrations for all alloy groups. In no time at all, you receive reliable, complete analytical results.
- Patented flat field optics with AAC and array detectors with ClearSpectrum® technology provide maximum stability best-in-class analytical performance.
- Nearly maintenance-free spark stand with low argon consumption for lowest operational costs.
- ELEMENTAL.SUITE delivers highest functionality combined with ease-of-use for information @ your fingertips.
- Iron, Steel and its alloys
- Un-coated CCD detector with lowest dark current
- Flat field grating
- Argon purged for best transparency
- ClearSpectrum technology for advanced spectra deconvolution
- Active Ambient Compensation (AAC) for operation between 10 and 45 °C (50 and 113 °F)
- Maintenance-free, two phase PWM generator
- Frequency 50 to 1000 Hz
- Spark and arc-like discharges from 10 μs to 2 ms
- Nearly maintenance-free
- Low Argon consumption during measurement
- Argon quality 4.8 specified for spectrometry or better
- Intuitive Windows® based software for simple routine operation
- Various user levels for secure and task-specific operations
- ELEMENTAL.SUITE software including analysis database and interfaces to MS Office
- Grade Library functions
Analytical Solution Packages (ASPs):
- Different matrix calibration packages available
- ASPs cover all major elements and alloy groups
- Upgradable for future expansion
- 100 to 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- 200 W during measurement, 50 W during standby
- 16 A (240 V) or 25 A (100 V) slow blow fuse
- Wire adapter, tube adapter
- Sample preparation
- Carrying case
- Notebook or desktop PC
Inquiry - Q2 ION Ultra-Compact Metals Analyzer