G8 GALILEO ONH High Performance Oxygen, Nitrogen and Hydrogen Analyzer
Category: Gas Analyzer - CS/ONH
The gas fusion analysis (GFA) principle is also commonly termed a melt extraction (ME) since the total oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen composition is extracted via sample melting.When combined with an external, infrared heated furnace, the G8 GALILEO can measure the diffusible hydrogen content in many sample materials, e.g. in welds according to ISO 3690 and AWS4 4.3 as well as in high strength steel.
Coupling a mass spectrometer to the G8 GALILEO analyzer leads to a substantially improved detection limit for the determination of ultra-low diffusible hydrogen concentrations e.g., in high strength steels. This Thermal Desorption Mass Spectrometry (TDMS) technique improves the detection limit by more than one order of magnitude compared to a TCD.
The G8 GALILEO, inert gas fusion analyzer, is available with facilities for analyzing all three elements O, N and H, as dual analyzer for two elements and as single-element analyzer for oxygen, nitrogen or hydrogen.
The intuitive analysis software of the G8 GALILEO shows a clear user interface. Different tasks from the user workflow like measurement, input of the analysis parameters, statistical evaluation and calibration of the analyzer are clearly divided into four main views.
Features & Benefits
- Programmable temperature of the electrode furnace (inert gas fusion principle), contact-free optical sensor for temperature measurement and precise control
- Simple change-over by software from simultaneous oxygen and nitrogen measurement to the determination of hydrogen; external furnace for diffusible hydrogen as an option
- High stability detection system with NDIR detector for CO and thermal conductivity cell for N2 and H2 with automatic base line control and optimum range selection for all elements
- Optional automatic furnace cleaning with dust removal, automatic crucible changer and sample loader
- Optional quadrupole mass spectrometer for diffusible Hydrogen for the measurement of ultra-low hydrogen concentrations and the study and characterization of hydrogen traps in steel
The high-end analyzer G8 GALILEO is designed for the automatic and precise determination of oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen in solid materials.
The G8 GALILEO ONH can be used for numerous applications in process and quality control and materials research. The wide variety of materials in multiple configurations such as pins, granules or powder ranges from iron and steel, non-ferrous metals and alloys, like Al, Cu, Ni, Co, Ti, Zr and many others to ores, ceramics, oxides and nitrides. Main hot extraction application with the optional infrared furnace is the determination of diffusible hydrogen in welds and steel materials, especially in high strength steel.
Inquiry - G8 GALILEO ONH High Performance Oxygen, Nitrogen and Hydrogen Analyzer