RM (Reference Material)Reference Material (RM) - Material, sufficiently homogeneous and stable with respect to one or more specified properties, which has been established to be fit for its intended use in a measurement process.
- RM is a generic term.
- Properties can be quantitative or qualitative, e.g. identity of substances or species.
- Uses may include the calibration of a measurement system, assessment of a measurement procedure, assigning values to other materials, and quality control.
- A single RM cannot be used for both calibration and validation of results in the same measurement procedure.
- International Vocabulary of Metrology – Basic and General Concepts and Associated Terms has an analogous definition (VIM - ISO/IEC Guide 99:2007, 5.13), but restricts the term ''measurement'' to apply to quantitative values and not to qualitative properties. However, Note 3 of ISO/IEC Guide 99:2007, 5.13, specifically includes the concept of qualitative attributes, called ''nominal properties''.
(ISO Guide 30:1992/Amd 1:2008)
CERTIFIED REFERENCE MATERIAL (CRM)
Reference material characterized by a metrologically valid procedure for one or more specified properties, accompanied by a certificate that provides the value of the specified property, its associated uncertainty, and a statement of metrological traceability
- The concept of value includes qualitative attributes such as identity or sequence. Uncertainties for such attributes may be expressed as probabilities.
- Metrologically valid procedures for the production and certification of reference materials are given in, among others, ISO Guides 34 and 35.
- ISO Guide 31 gives guidance on the contents of certificates.
- VIM has an analogous definition (ISO/IEC Guide 99:2007, 5.14).
(ISO Guide 30:1992/Amd 1:2008)
SETTING-UP SAMPLES (SUS)
Setting-up Samples (SUS) have an uncertified analysis and to be used as a guide. They are used to meet the day-to-day setting-up requirements or shift-to-shift adjustment of spectrometers or instrument for production control analysis. This process is usually called ''drift correction'', ''standardization of the calibration'', or ''re-standardization'' depending on manufacturers. The quality of SUS samples is to be homogeneous.
CONSUMABLES & ACCESSORIES
We supply various accessories & consumables for
- OES Spectrometer - Gas regulator, AVR / UPS, Tungsten Electrode, Argon Copper tube & fittings, filter pad, Electrode brush, Ferrous Sample Sand Paper, JIS Mushroom mould for Aluminium Alloy, Chill Cast Mould for Cast Iron, Sample Holder, Sample Grinders & etc.
- XRF Spectrometer - Gas regulator, Normal & Thermal printer paper, XRF poly-C film, XRF Etnom® Film, XRF Mylar® Film, XRF Poly-Propylene Film, XRF Prolene® Film, XRF Ultralene Film, XRF sample cups, CK-100 Cup, Aluminium (Al) Cap, On-site Sample Preparation Tools kit, Drift Monitor Samples, SUS-Check Samples & X-ray light bulb. XRF Sample Cups available for Shimadzu, Oxford (X-Supreme & Lab-X), Spectro, Bruker, JEOL, Rigaku, Horiba, Thermo, Panalytical, Niton, Innox-X, Skyray, Jordan Valley, ARL, Asoma, Kevex, Metorex, Siemens, Spectrace, Philips, Fisons.
- ONH Analyzer - Universal Graphite Crucible, Standards, Accelerators & etc.
- CS Analyzer - Universal Ceramic Crucible (High Quality), Standard, Accelerators & etc.
- Microscope - Glass slide & Coverslips, scaled slide, Calibration slides, Lens Cleaning Tissues, Storage Box, Dust cover, light bulb, light illuminator (UV and Fluorescent), Camera adaptations, Objective lens, Immersion Oil, Lens cleaning kit, Filters & etc.
Inquiry - Certified Reference Materials (CRMs), RM, SUS & Consumables
Fill out the form below and we'll be in touch soon.